Google Voice

So... I got my Google Voice invite last night, and went through, picked a phone number (no 808 right now...) and got it all set up to ring my cell if you were to call my GV number. I am still pretty confused as to why I wanted or NEEDED such a service, (it's free) when all it does is route calls to my cell or any other phone, and I still get charged minutes. I have ben reading about mobile-mobile and think if I have the caller's info on my phone, (say my wife) she can call the GV number, then it would route to my phone and be a free call for both of us? Or is it just free for me since the # she is calling from is ATT? Or Am I charged minutes also since the call is routed from my GV number? See what I mean! Once I get it all figured out, I will be more of an advocate for the GV system.
One thing that is nice is I can give my GV number out on my Resumes, to people I don't really know, since there is a feature that allows you to block certain numbers that call your GV.
The system also forces the caller to state their name, and when my phone rings (home, cell, office) the recording is played and I can choose to answer or send to VM. If I choose to send to voicemail, I can listen in on that message, and then, that message is then transcribed out in an email, then sent to your google account. From the web I can send and receive SMS free, but if I have the reply sent to my phone, I get charged an sms. No big deal, I have 1500!!!



If you get a text or a call from 775-77FUDGE which is my GV number, hit reply or answer the call it's me fudge!

I have this widget posted on the right hand side, you can call me from this link directly from your computer! Give it a try.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...