Day 9

It is looking pretty good for me to make my goal of 10 days. Last week I decided to eat like a vegetarian for 10 days, right before my 34th birthday. I knew we had reservations to eat at BLT steak which is a restaurant in the Trump Tower in Waikiki. Known for their dry-aging, and super hot cooking style, needless to say, I am excited. Back to the Veg thing. Sooo, I decided I would only eat like a veg for a couple of days, which turned into going on 10 days. I was allowed to eat fish, which has saved me a few times. Don't get me wrong, I like salad, but not that often, and I do like tofu, so that helps. I think the hardest for me is when we go out to eat dinner. See at home, I make salsa, avocado dips, grilled cheese, etc, but when we go out, there are so many other great things to eat like fried chicken, big hamburgers, etc. A friend had a bbq out on a sandbar in the middle of the ocean, out in K-bay, and I was the chef. I cooked hamburgers and hotdogs, but only ate chips and trail mix. That was a tough one. Hot summer day, middle of the ocean, charcoal grill going, burgers and dogs, with all the fixins and I eat chips.
As day 10 approaches, I can taste the steak. I know it was gonna be good 10 days ago, but now with it being the first meat I eat coming out of a "meat fast" I am really looking forward to my 34th.

Here is the Honolulu Dinner Menu in case you wanted to drool along with me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...