iPhone 4

Many of you who know me, know I love APPLE.    On June 7th Mr. Steve Jobs announced that a new iPhone will be out on June 24, and you can pre-order one on June 15.
Over 600,000 iPhone 4s were ordered, or reserved and the apple system as well as ATT both went down.  I am sure thousands of others did not get to order their iPhone, and were pretty upset.
Here is my story.
I got up 7am Hawaii time to try and place my order, Error.
Went to the doctors, @ 9:30am and was out and in the office @ Diegos @ 10:20.
Downloaded the new apple store app for my iPhone and tried to order that way...
This is what I kept getting.  Thinking the 16GB was out, I tried with the 32GB and still got this same error.




















Needless to say, I moved on.  If you look at the screen shot, it was taken at 10:59am Hawaii time.  I did't get home until sometime after 4pm, and tried again.  I was on my MacBook, and tried in Safari, Chrome, and Firefox.  Kept kicking me out saying something about a technical error, or that they couldn't log me it, etc.  
Finally though Safari, I got all the way to putting in my cc number, and hitting "Place Order"  Then I get this...
I was on this "Processing" screen for about 15 minutes.  I hit order about 4:25pm Hawaii time.  I had help remembering, because I  brought my dog through the house, and then let my cat out of the room called my friend a couple minutes after that, and my iPhone log shows 4:33.  I sat on this screen for a good 20 minutes.  When it kept spinning and then my screen finally went to sleep I clicked up on the address bar to "refresh the page."  Bad news.




















After refreshing, I was back to the Apple store to try and go through the order again.  This time I got the shipping date of July 2, delivery between July 5-July 8.  It would have let me put that order in, but I thought I would just hold off, check Best Buy sometime after June 24, and maybe get lucky.  
Got ready to go out to a friends birthday party, and heard a "ding" as in new email.  When I checked my mail, I got one from Apple.  Subject: Order Acknowledgement XXXXXXX
So, when I opened up the message, it showed that I had ordered the iPhone 4, with a ship/delivery date of June 24.  My only thought is that this order that was processing took long enough to go through, and even though I clicked out, it somehow had already processed.  Yee Haw.


I am guessing that it's legit.  I clicked onto the blue order number this morning, and it took me to the order page, showing this order (last night when clicked, it gave a tech. error message).
Looks like I am going to have the beautiful 2 camera, HD Vid recording, glass on front and back iPhone on June 24!






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...