Chad Scholl, Bond #16

Rose from Chad's funeral.  Orange was his favorite color.

Brothers,
It is with a heavy heart that I write to let you know that Brother Chad Scholl passed away Monday evening, February 21, 2011, around 6:30 p.m.  As you all know, Chad battled mightily for the last month at Clarkson Hospital as he struggled with liver and renal failure, the final chapter of a 25+ year struggle with the residual effects of his victory against Ewings Sarcoma when he was 9 years old.  
Chad was a founding father of the Nebraska Gamma Chapter at Creighton University, Bond #16, and graduated in 2001 as a PharmD.  Chad's commitment to and love for Phi Delta Theta and all of his brothers was very evident to me and to many of you, from his time as an active member of the chapter to his years of service as Chapter Advisor.  
It has been very uplifting during the last month for Chad's family to see that Phi Delta Theta commitment returned to Chad by the chapter.  Chad regularly received visits from a number of his fraternity brothers, including many actives who had not previously had the chance to meet Chad.  Additionally, the chapter provided evening meals to Chad and his family during their entire recent stay in the hospital, a very impressive and honorable service to Chad's family during a very trying time.  Chad is the first member of the NE Gamma Chapter to pass away and will be honored in the fraternity tradition.
Ryan Schroer, Bond #1

Chad opened his home to me and my family this past year, and I had to honor of being his roommate again.  We lived together in Keiwit Hall for 2 years and then he moved into a house I bought, and we spent a year together going through our Junior year at Creighton.  We were separated by distance as I moved back to Hawaii, but due to job circumstances, had moved back to Omaha, but needed a place to stay.  Chad without hesitation, offered his home to me, then a few weeks later to my wife, her brother, my dog, and four cats.  I didn't want to overstay my welcome, so we moved out and into our current place, another great fraternity brother's house.
Chad and I joined the same fraternity, Phi Delta Theta our sophomore year.  We were initiated together and became founding fathers of Nebraska Gamma Chapter of Phi Delta Theta.  We have had many date-parties, formals, and other evenings of drinks and food.  
I will miss the laughs about Jersey Shore, the conversations about our undergrad days, enjoying a beer with him at happy hour, and just grilling out on his deck. 
Chad in January 2011.


In Coelo quie est-In Heaven there is Rest.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...